If you are a citizen from a country that is under the Visa Waiver Program, you will need to have an authorization through the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA). Otherwise, you will have to apply for a B-2 Visa from the US Embassy in your home country. Next, you will need to seek approval from the Transport Security Administration (TSA) to receive flight training in the US under the Alien Flight Student Program (AFSP). You will also need to apply for your student pilot license from the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) under the Integrated Airman Certification and Rating Application (IACRA). Last but not least, you will need to obtain your Airman Medical Certificate. Once you have all these, you are all set to make your way over. This whole process will take about 8 weeks.